At Family Secret, we like to consider ourselves as connoisseurs of curry!
With this in mind, we know a thing or two about the ingredients and flavours that add an extra WOW factor to your dish.
Here are just a few of our tips to making the perfect curry:
● Sizzle the spices – Don’t be afraid of playing around with the spices! Kick off your curry by heating up whole spices in hot oil to unleash their true flavours. Some of the most common spices in our healthy curry sauce are: cardamom, cinnamon, garlic cloves and coriander seeds.
● Make healthy choices – There are a number of health benefits associated with curries. Spices like chilli and ginger are packed with antioxidants and vitamins to help fight viruses and boost your blood circulation.
● Take your time – A good curry doesn’t have to take hours to cook. But it’s important to allow the ingredients to cook properly. To get the most out of your ingredients like onions, you should cook them first to release the flavour. Although a tip for you. Adding a pinch of salt helps them brown quicker. However, powerful spices like Garam Masala, can wait until last as the cooking process often reduces the flavour of dried spices.
● Add seasoning – One of the biggest mistakes people make when cooking curries is not adding salt. This is often on the basis that there is so much flavour with the spices so salt is not needed. However, this is wrong. You should add a mixture of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to your curry in order to combine all the tastes in your mouth, tie everything together and ensure the flavors compliment each other.
● Explore different garnishes – A good garnish could really make the difference between a good and a bad curry. While often overlooked, flaked coconut, toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, fried onions and fresh pomegranates are a good choice – and totally delicious!
How We Can Help
Now you have the knowledge to make the perfect curry, it’s time to actually make one! However, if the prospect of cooking a curry from scratch still terrifies you. Why not start with our fresh curry sauces. Simple and easy to cook. You can enjoy the rich and fresh flavours of our family sauces and experiment with the garnishes and extra seasoning to add your own twist!
For more information about Family Secret’s curry sauces. Get in touch with us on 0800 001 6161 or take a look here.