National Potato Day is on the 19th August! Family Secret are celebrating the day dedicated to spuds with a brand new potato curry recipe using our healthy curry sauce, Rogan Josh.
This cheap and easy dish is the perfect vegetarian solution for an after-work meal.
For our Family Secret ‘Low Fat Rogan Josh Curry with Sweet Potato’ recipes, you will need:
- Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions
- 3 Medium-Sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g spinach
- Family Secret Rogan Josh Curry Sauce
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large sauce pan on a medium heat.
- While your oil is cooking, peel and finely slice your onions before adding them into the pan. As you cook the onions for 10 minutes, stir them occasionally until they are soft and golden.
- Once your onions have softened, add Family Secret’s Rogan Josh sauce into the pan and mix well. At a medium spice, this sauce takes inspiration from Kashmiri cuisine where the Rogan Josh dishes are considered a ‘staple’. It is one of healthier sauces in our range being low in fat and sugar – perfect for anyone looking to lose weight while enjoying flavoursome meals.
- Chop your sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks and add into the pan with the softened onions. If you want to add extra spice, we recommend chopping up one fresh red chilli and add into your pan of vegetables.
- While you stir together your cooked ingredients, drain and tip your tin of chickpeas, then cook together for 5 minutes.
- If you have a particularly big family to serve, roughly chop up and add your fresh tomatoes (if using) or tip in tinned tomatoes and add 200ml of water. This should thicken up the sauce to serve more people.
- Now that you have added all your core ingredients, reduce the heat of your pan to a simmer and cover. Then cook for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes. However, this time we recommend stirring every once in a while to ensure the sweet potato is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- In your last minutes of cooking, be sure to add the spinach and cook until wilted. Then serve your dish with Papadums and rice.
Has this tasty Rogan Josh recipe sparked your interest? Why not purchase one of our low calorie Rogan Josh sauces and give it a go yourself?