Christmas is a time for giving gifts, catching up with distant relatives and eating good food. However, after this busy party-filled period, our fridges are stocked up with leftover meats, delicious sides, huge chunks of cheese and half drunk bottles of Prosecco.
With over 4 million Christmas dinners being thrown away in wasted food every year. The bin is definitely not the place for all your festive leftovers this year.
From your foil-wrapped turkey to your surplus vegetables. There are a number of ways to make the most of your leftovers. And at Family Secret, our team have designed a special recipe for your leftover turkey using our Szechuan Kung Pao curry sauce.
This recipe serves 2 people.
1. Begin by marinating 500g of your leftover turkey in our Szechuan Kung Pao sauce whilst both are cold. For a more intense flavour, you can leave the turkey to soak overnight to prevent it from drying out. However, to speed up the process. Leave the turkey to sit in the marinade for about 20 minutes
2. While your turkey is soaking, grab a large wok or skillet and place over high heat. Once heated, you should pour in a cooking oil of your choice. For extra flavour, toss in ½ teaspoon crushed Sichuan peppercorns.
3. During the time spent heating the oil in your pan, chop a large onion, one red pepper and two large carrots before adding into your pan for cooking. These should only need 2-3 minutes on the stove.
4. Finally, add the marinated turkey and the Szechuan Kung Pao sauce and stir into the vegetable mix for a further 3-4 minutes until meat is warmed through.
5. Once the turkey is completely cooked. Serve up with some egg fried rice and eat whilst hot. Enjoy!
Will you be trying our Turkey Stir Fry dish this Christmas? Share all of your pictures with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Family Secret are passionate about making good, healthy food – taking inspiration from around the world. With this in mind, we have created a range of low fat curry sauces like our Szechuan Kung Pao sauce that are packed with flavour.
If you would like to try any of Family Secret’s healthy, vegan sauces, go to our online store here.